first gifs

Camo plane-My artwork is a fighter jet flying in the air, adjusting how much throttle is released with the flames from the back of the engine changing throughout the gif. I used Flipamin to make this gif and I used techniques such as changing location and size of the objects to show how the sun and clouds were slowly going by while the jet was quickly flying around. I created this artwork because I myself am a pilot and want to see myself in a fighter jet flying in the sky through clouds in my hopeful future. My goal was to test my skills and see how much I could make the distinct difference in movement between the jet’s speed and movement and make it incredibly different from the clouds and sun. In the end, I felt as if the artwork came out the way I imagined, my only downside was me feeling as if I should have made the aircraft itself look more 3D but besides that I feel proud of my work.
de-ignition-My artwork shows a fire truck extending its ladder and putting out a building fire using the ladders hose. I used flipanim in creating this artwork and used techniques such as changing the location of certain parts so that it shows the ladder being extended and the fire shrinking as water is put on it. My own experiences influenced me to make this gif, as I am a volunteer firefighter and I have seen fires put out using a hose from a ladder. My goal was to show how a fire truck works to put out a fire and animate it well so people could imagine it as if it was real. This was my first gif so I learned how flipamin worked and it would help me develop the other artworks much faster. 
storage liftoff-My artwork is a truck driving by and a crane lifting the cargo on the back of it while it is still moving. I created this art by using flipamin and changed the location of the objects during the gif. I was inspired to make this artwork because I recently saw a documentary on cranes so I decided to animate one. My goal was to animate how large a crane is and how they carry large amounts of cargo to higher elevations. I learned how to advance my skills in animation and how to accelerate and decelerate speed during an animation. 

3 thoughts on “first gifs

1. Byron
    I immediately understood what was going on in all three of Byron’s animations. The Camo Plane animation had the plane moving and the clouds and sky behind it as a SECONDARY ACTION. The de-ignition animation had a fire and a firetruck spraying water as its SECONDARY ACTION. His last animation had a truck moving and a rope moving as its SECONDARY ACTION. On a scale of 1-10, I would give Byron an 8 out of 10. He is a competent animator he used ANTICIPATION in the de-ignition animation because we are all anticipating the firetruck to put the fire out. He also used TIMING well in his camo plane animation and made the plane look like it was actually moving through the sky. I think he has great potential to be an animator because he is very creative. Something I think Byron can do better is to add more detail. For example in the de-ignition, he added a lot of detail to the firetruck, but the building, fire, and overall background lacked detail. I think there is too much empty space in the animations that could be filled with many colors and objects which would make his animations better.

2. All three different animations are great, they are all unique and different and have their own distinct feels. I enjoyed that each of them had STAGING to make the animations feel more realistic as well as CONTRASTING VALUES AND COMPLIMENTARY COLORS. I believe that only one of them had secondary actions. Only the storage liftoff animation had a secondary action was the truck continuing to move off frame. One thing I would have liked more, is if in the de-ignition animation the fire-truck drove up instead of already being there. In the camo plane It would have been cool to see the plane shooting something down. Overall very nice animations that I genuinely enjoyed.

3. De-ignition is my favorite post from Byron. I understood their animation, it was a raging fire on top of a building being put out by a fire truck. While there are no direct secondary actions there is the Principal of animation, ARCS. There is also TIMING being used to directly affect the fire’s size as soon as the water hits it inside of the animation. I believe that this artist’s skills are competent, the frames were nice and smooth and there was a good concept within the animation. I believe that in order for the art to be better there could be more texture to the water and more smoke after the fire is put out to add to the realism.